Inductee — Larry Sigler
Class of 1993
Birthplace: Jeffersonville, IN
Larry was one of the finest umpires in the state of Indiana as he served various levels from American Legion to the NCAA. From 1960-88 he officiated at many baseball levels including Legion, high school and Division I,II, and III in the collegiate ranks.
He served eighteen years for the IHSAA, although for some years during the 1971-88 era he did not officiate because he was an assistant and head baseball coach at Jeffersonville High School. For the IHSAA Larry umpired in eighteen sectionals, fifteen regionals, fourteen semi-states and the Final Four on three occasions . Three times he was rated as the number one high school umpire by a coaches vote. To the North-South All-Star Series he gave of his time and talent on eight different occasions.
He wishes to express his appreciation to :
- Ken Sigler, father, and “Doc” Bolton, colleague, for their tutelage.
- Charlie Maas, former IHSAA assistant commissioner; Ernie Andres, former I.U. coach, and
- Don Noblitt, former Jasper principal/superintendent for their confidence and encouragement.
- Bill Jones, former DeKalb High School coach for his tireless and continuous service to
Indiana high school baseball.
- Ray Howard, Jasper, for years of volunteer service to the “Indiana Baseball Hall of Fame”.
- THANKS FOR THE RIDE!!!